Power Inverters are handy gadgets that take a 12v DC input and provide a 110v (or 220v in many countries) AC output, which can be tremendously useful in a car, truck, or RV. Since nearly all of your household gadgets and electronics run off alternating current, adding a power inverter to your car gives you a lot more flexibility with the sorts of equipment you can use on the road.
If you’re thinking about use a car power inverter, you’ll need to think about the portable device power requirement before.We'll get into this more in the following steps, but here are some rough power requirements to get you started:
· Portable heater: 1,500 watts
· Standard hair dryer: 1,500 watts
· Mini fridge: 100 watts (500 watts on startup)
· 17" laptop: 90 watts (less for smaller models)
· Cast iron plate: 1,500 watts (1,100 for coiled burner models)For example,if you use a laptop in your car,you would need an inverter that provides at least 90W.However,it’s important to note that you’ll need to find one that can provide 90W continuous as opposed to 440W peak.You’ll also need a bigger inverter if you want to plug anything in at the same time you’re using the laptop.
Before use the inverter,confirm the input voltage of inverter is matched to the output of car cigar plug,and confirm the rated power of applicant within the range of power of inverter.The accessories of car power inverter are cigarette lighter or battery cable or battery clamp.If the power you need is small,use cigarette lighter is suitable,plug it into the car cigar plug then insert the appliances plug and turn on the switch.